Can you feel it? She’s coming. After months of frigid temperatures, gray skies and bare trees, spring is coming. Rebirth awaits. Living on the east coast where brutal winters are common place, spring is always the season whose arrival I anticipate the most. The official beginning of spring is tomorrow, March 20th and is the perfect cause for celebration.
Living seasonally can help you stay grounded in the present moment and allow you to tap into the themes each season presents. Spring ushers us into a time of renewal, rebirth, regrowth and regeneration. Rituals can be a fantastic way to celebrate transitions in the world and in our own lives. A ritual does not necessarily have to be elaborate or esoteric in nature. Anything could be a ritual when done with intention.
Here are 12 of my favorite ideas for welcoming the arrival of spring
- Have a picnic even if it is inside. Sitting on the floor is grounding and connects you to the earth.
- Where a dress or a skirt, even if you need to still ward off winter’s chill with tights.
- Get outside and go for a walk.
- Sit or lay down on the earth.
- Bring the outside in by decorating your table with fresh flowers or a new green plant.
- Take a bath with sea salt and light white candles to symbolize rebirth
- Eat seasonally. Prepare a special spring meal full of seasonal foods like asparagus, peas, spinach strawberries, eggs (if you eat them) even some jelly beans are fair game. After all, they are seasonal.
- Enjoy water infused with fresh herbs and fruit
- Begin working on some spring cleaning to make room for the new.
- Where white. According to some it’s not deemed acceptable to wear white until Memorial Day, but to me nothing screams spring like wearing white. Go on, be a rebel.
- Cover that pasty winter skin with a faux tan glow.
- Journal about your intentions and goals for the next three months. What in your life could use transforming? What needs to fall away? In what ways are you seeking growth?
However, you choose to celebrate this magical time of light and growth I hope this season reminds you of the awakening and transformation that is available to us all.
with love and daffodils,